The Timms trap is one of New Zealand’s most popular possum kill traps and is designed to kill the Common Brushtail Possum (Trichosurus vulpecula) found in New Zealand and Australia. It is made of tough polyethylene plastic, is light (1.25kg), compact (measuring 260mm x 180mm x 165mm), and the light colour of the trap is an effective lure to the naturally curious possum. T
Timm’s traps have proven to be very effective at controlling possums over small to moderate sized areas, such as urban gardens and gullies. The Timms trap has National Animal Welfare Approval and is approved for use in urban and rural locations. It is a safe trap that will exclude non target species provided it is baited for possums. We ship throughout New Zealand and to Australia.
This easy set device can be set and sprung without risking fingers, hands or feet using the cord at the rear of the casing. When using Timms traps make sure that you:
- Keep fingers clear of the front opening at all times.
- Set traps in the evening and bait with a piece of fruit, such as quarter of a fresh apple or orange, or pieces of carrot or Vanilla Nara Lures. Don’t use meat or fish as bait as it will attract cats to the trap.
- Keep family pets indoors while the trap is set and inform neighbours where traps are set so they can do the same.
- Do not leave set traps in areas where inquisitive children and pets can access to them.
- Replace bait as required. We recommend the use of the Vanilla Nara Lures, a non-toxic, slow release attractant, which will last up to three months.
Contact us to order or for more information.